A Quick Guide to WOOF! Palletised Solid Fuel Deliveries
The fuel arrives shrink wrapped on a pallet and is delivered from the back of a large truck with a tail lift to the entrance of your property. Apart from some TA and EX postcodes we use third party carriers. They specify delivery as Kerb side only. This means delivery is only to the entrance to your property and will not be removed from the wood pallet. Someone will need to be there to sign for it.
Your order is a large and heavy pallet of valuable solid fuel that will keep you and your family warm, so for really successful deliveries it is worth investing a little bit of time and sufficient manpower as may be required to safely stack and store the fuels immediately after delivery. In line with other on-line bulky goods retailers we use third party delivery companies within the “Pallet Network”. They will try to deliver your goods as closely and carefully as possible but do not offer any unpacking or stacking services.
- Customers must be present to receive and sign for the goods.
- The delivery is usually made by an up to 18 tonne, rigid or rear-steering lorry with a tail lift. Occasionally the vehicle may differ slightly from this specification, according to availability and at the discretion of the delivery company.
- Access must be relatively level and free from obstruction.
- The delivery is contracted to the kerbside only.
- Where ground conditions are suitable, the goods may be further positioned by pallet truck.
- You may not be contacted prior to delivery (but most delivery companies do call ahead)
- Standard delivery is as requested weekdays between; 8am and 6pm.
- No national delivery will be made between Christmas Eve and New Years Day.
- Order cancellation: fees and delivery return costs will apply if an order is cancelled.
- All fuels must be moved to a dry store immediately after delivery.
- Faults and omissions must be reported in writing within three days of receipt of order.
- Goods may be returned, unused in good condition at the customer’s expense.
- The delivery guide must be read in conjunction with our delivery terms and conditions below.
Cars, other contractor’s vehicles and all other obstructions must be cleared from the delivery area prior to the arrival of the delivery vehicle. Waiting time is charged at £15.00 flat rate in fifteen minute intervals plus VAT at the standard rate. If we cannot gain access for delivery within a reasonable time a re-delivery will have to be arranged, a charge will be levied at up to £60.00 plus VAT at the standard rate.
If the order is cancelled once out for delivery, the cost of returning the goods to our warehouse in Somerset TA20 and re-stocking charges will apply. If the order is cancelled prior to dispatch a £20.00 administration fee for re-stocking will apply. If it becomes unavoidable to manually handle the goods, unless by previous arrangement, we reserve the right to levy a charge of up to £20.00 per hour plus VAT at the standard rate. If in any doubt about any aspect of a pallet delivery please contact us, we are friendly people, and we will try to help. If we are unable to provide a solution we will tell you.
Delivery Options and Charges
Delivery is not free, but it is included within the cost of the goods for most of mainland England and Wales. A further small delivery charge is added to every order regardless of size to cover the carriers fuel surcharges. We no longer offer next day delivery or timed deliveries in the checkout. Delivery takes from 3 to 7 working days and the carrier will contact you to arrange delivery.
The checkout will show additional costs for delivering to Central London and parts of Scotland, Highlands and Islands.
- Inner London, E, EC, N, NW, SE, SW, W, WC. average* charge plus £12.00 plus VAT.
- ZONE 1. DG, EH, FK, G, ML, TD, PA (1-20), KA (1-29+) average* charge £10.00 plus VAT.
- ZONE 2. DD, KY, PH (1-7/14) average* charge £25.00 plus VAT.
- ZONE 3. AB (1-12) AB (15-29) IV (1&2) 72 Hrs average* £35.00 plus VAT.
- Scottish Highlands & Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Jersey & Guernsey, North & Southern Ireland. We find these areas prohibitive in terms of cost for competitive delivery to take place, and recommend customers use their own freight forwarder.
ECO FUEL LOGS ARE PERISHABLE AND MUST BE MOVED TO DRY STORAGE IMMEDIATELY UPON DELIVERY
Collection is no longer available.